Solano County Genealogical Society Inc. knows the importance of ancestry for every one of us.
We see this notion as:
You may call it using some other words, but the main idea is the same:
It is about who we are and who our relatives were.
Solano County Genealogical Society knows that genealogy is valuable for the community.
The reason is simple:
People have the right to be aware of their past. We give them that right.
Our aims include:
- To develop the culture of our region;
- To give any individual the chance to know his or her family tree;
- To increase the identity of our society by providing the information about the past;
- To let people know about family past and different historical topics.
Our society believes that value of knowing our ancestors is huge. Also, our activities are based on our values.
- Every person has the right to know family history;
- Ancestry is a principal part of the history of Solano County;
- The knowledge of roots is necessary for well-being. It increases spirituality as well;
- People learn a lot from the past. That is why genealogy matters.
How Do We Work
Society knows the worth of one’s family heritage.
Thus, it is important to make people familiar with:
- the way we gather information;
- what do we do in general.
Here you go:
- Our society has a collection of different data in library;
- We have meetings every week.
- We invite experts to talk about topics;
- We give information about our history;
- Our workers always do some family search;
- We are open to everyone. We are ready to help any individual who wants to know his family history;
- We use only good methods for searches.
Solano County Genealogical Society is your chance to know the past and appreciate the future.